- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ⅛ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp ube flavoring
- 1 medium egg
- ½ cup powdered sugar
Cream cheese frosting
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl sift the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt) then set aside. ½ tsp baking powder,¼ tsp salt
- In a different bowl add the egg, sugar, vegetable oil, and ube flavoring. Whisk until completely incorporated. ½ cup granulated white sugar,⅛ cup vegetable oil,2 tsp ube flavoring,1 medium egg
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Carefully fold with a rubber spatula until there are no more traces of flour. NOTE: Don’t mix too much or else your cookie will come out hard.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator. While resting the batter you can make the cream cheese filling.
Making the cream cheese filling
- In a bowl, place the softened butter then whisks until creamy and light in color.
- Add the cream cheese then whisk again until fluffy. Tip in the powder sugar gradually while whisking until well incorporated.
- Transfer in a piping bag and set aside.½ cup cream cheese,¼ cup butter,¼ cup powdered sugar
Making the red velvet crinkles
- Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper lining.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C or 350°F
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and prepare powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Scoop dough with ice cream scoop or oiled hands, shape into medium balls (approximately 1-2 tbsp).
- Roll cookie dough balls into powdered sugar and evenly coat. Transfer to the parchment paper-lined baking sheets, then bake in preheated oven for 9 – 10 minutes. ½ cup powdered sugar
- Allow resting on cookie sheet for several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. When cool to touch, spread cream cheese frosting on one cookie and top with another. Bon appetit!